Here is How it works:
- A non-refundable deposit of $3 gives you one reusable container for your personal use.
- All participating customers must have a valid Gator 1 ID to check container in and out.
- For meal plan and declining balance customers, all you have to do is ask your cashier for a reusable to-go container. You will be charged $3 for your personal, reusable to-go container.
- Customers can use the to-go containers at Gator Corner Dining Center & Fresh Food Company.
- We handle the washing of all containers in our dishwashing facilities to ensure their proper sanitation. If possible we do ask that you rinse the container before returning it to the dining hall.
- Customers who do not choose to participate in the reusable to-go program may purchase a compostable disposable container for $0.50.
- We keep track of each time you check out a reusable to-go container with your Gator 1 Card. At the end of the academic year, we award a grand prize to the customer who has checked out the most containers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should someone participate in the program?
By using reusable to-go containers, participants will join others in the effort to reduce waste on our campus. During 2011, 290,000 disposable containers were purchased and therefore, thrown away – using recyclable containers will make our to-go program more sustainable.
2. Does it cost money to sign up?
There is a non-refundable deposit of $3 for each container that you purchase from the Dining Halls. All participating customers must have a valid Gator 1 Card to purchase containers.
3. Do I have to sign up?
No, this is a voluntary program you can elect to participate in.
4. Where can I use the containers
Gator Corner Dining Center and The Fresh Food Company.
5. Do I have to wash my container?
We handle the washing of all containers in our dish washing facilities to ensure their proper sanitation. We do ask that you please bring the container back rinsed if possible. Simply bring us back the container and we will hand you a fresh clean container at no charge.
6. Are these the same size as the disposable containers?
No, the reusable containers are larger.
7. Can I share my container with my friend/roommate
No. In order to properly keep track of all containers, you must rent your own container.